Friday 27 July 2012

Feature & Follow Friday (27th July)

FF 2012 Feature & Follow #104

Hi everyone!!

Thank-you for stopping by..

Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful Parajunkee & Alison Can Read

This weeks featured blogs: Books are my Reality and Concise Book Reviews

Question: Summer Reading. What was your favorite book that you were REQUIRED to read when you were in school?

The only book I remember having to read at school was Playing Beatie Bow which is an Australian children's book written by author Ruth Park.

Blurb: Abigail Kirk finds herself transported back to the late nineteenth century and becomes embroiled in the family life of the Bows. The Bows will not let her return home believing that she is "the stranger" who will preserve the family gift.

The story is set in Sydney, Australia and is about a girl named Abigail (formerly Lynette) who travels back in time to colonial Sydney-Town in the year 1873, where she meets Beatie Bow, a girl whose name has become part of Abigail's local folklore. 

Playing Beatie Bow

What to do..
  • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
  • Follow the featured weekly bloggers 
  • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few.
  • The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back.
  • Spread the Love...and the followers
  • If you're new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
Reviews this week:

Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits #1) by Samantha Young
Scorched  Skies (Fire Spirits #2) by Samantha Young
Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark #1) by Gena Showalter

Interviews:

Katie McGarry, author of Pushing the Limits

Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. oh this read sounds good!
    trish - my ff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting choice :D I'm a new follower !
    Here's My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of this but it sounds fantastic.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vaguely remember hearng about this book but I've never read it, thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read that book before, but I'm glad it's a favorite of yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this book sounds really interesting!

    Thank you for stopping by my FF! :)

    Old GFC follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm, I haven't heard of that one before. Maybe I will look it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never heard of this book,but it sounds very interesting :D I will definitely check it out!

    Old follower stopping through returning the comment love :D

    P.S that book your currently reading Borrowed Ember looks yummy lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never heard of this title.

    http://thecharacterconnection.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of that book but it does sound great!

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my Follow Friday! Have an awesome weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never heard of this one before but it sounds good actually :) Thanks for sharing <3
    New Follower!
    xoxo, Mariam @Book-A-Holic

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Summer Read was…Things Fall Apart By Chinua Achebe (Author) It was interesting ☺

    Hi,
    I found you on Follow Fridays Hosted By
    {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}. I am a New Follower, Please
    Follow me back.
    Thanks,
    http://dawnandwinniebookreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)