Tuesday 11 September 2012

Book Blogger Appreciation Week 2012, Day 1: Appreciation

 
 
This is my first time participating in BBAW and I’m really looking forward to the week ahead!

“Book Blogger Appreciation was started by Amy Riley of My Friend Amy in an effort to recognize the hard work and contribution of book bloggers to the promotion and preservation of a literate culture actively engaged in discussing books, authors, and a lifestyle of reading.

“The first Book Blogger Appreciation was observed in the fall of 2008 and occurs every September. The week spotlights and celebrates the work of active book bloggers through guest posts, awards, giveaways, and community activities. Book Bloggers are encouraged to register their participation for inclusion in a database of book bloggers.”

Appreciation! There are no awards this year, but it can still be hard to navigate the huge universe of book blogging. Share with your readers some of the blogs you enjoy reading daily and why.

There are sooo many book blogs I love and follow daily (I am currently subscribed to 200+ blogs) so I have decided to list my top 6.

Kimba – The Caffeinated Book Reviewer (Kimba is the most generous and helpful blogger! I adore her dedication, insightful reviews, her visits and comments and her latest tips and tricks posts are amazing, I have learnt a lot from her already)

Giselle – Xpresso Reads (Giselle is probably going to send me broke – JK!, each time I read one of her reviews, I add more books to my wishlist or pre-order them straight away, her amazing reviews shows her passion for the books she reads and I love her Fresh Batch posts)

Evie – Bookish (Evie is one of the first bloggers I ever followed, she is the sweetest with amazingly detailed reviews, posts and author spotlights – her enthusiasm is wonderful)

Rachel – Parajunkee (Feature and Follow Friday is one of the first memes I ever participated in and I love Rachel’s insightful BB101 posts – they are a huge help)

Vegan YA Nerds (I have only recently discovered this blog and I love it! They feature quite a few Aussie books and authors which I really appreciate; their reviews are really informative, detailed and enjoyable)

Molli – Once Upon a Prologue (Molli’s reviews are amazing and I love her informative feedback/discussion posts, she is also one of the sweetest bloggers I have come across)

More of my favorite bloggers can be listed above on my Blogs I Love page.

8 comments:

  1. Hello! Old follower here! I love Vegan YA Nerds!! And of course Parajunkie which is one of the first blogs I found on books!!
    Here is my list!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great blog! And thanks for the suggestions, I will have to check those blogs out. This is my first year participating in the BBAW and I'm glad I did because I have found so many great book blogs to follow. I blog about children's books. My blog is: www.storytimebooks.wordpress.com. Feel free to check it out :) I'll definitely be back to visit your blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much sweetie! Some blogs I'm not familiar with on there, so I'll have to go check things out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all amazing bloggers, I LOVE them :) What an awesome list!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy you found our blog, Sharon! Thanks so much for your support, I always appreciate your comments and I absolutely love coming here to read your reviews as well, your reviews make me reconsider books that I'd previously thought were not for me! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, Sharon! Thank you SO much for the shout-out, girl! It's exciting to see that you like my blog that much. :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwwwwwsssss!!! Thank you so much for the mention darling!!! ^_^*. I luuuuvs ya too!!! How come I never know about events such as the BAW until they're already running ;( I feel so behind! Well, I want you to know that I love you and your blog, too!!! You're the sweetest and our reviews are always honest and thorough :) I always learn about new awesome books when I stop by here :) hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww cupcake you made me cry, and i totally missed this post this week, shame on me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)