Tuesday 25 September 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished

 
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!

This week's topic discusses series that you have not finished for one reason or another.

My Top Ten:

1. The Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie – I really enjoyed Matched and have been meaning to pick up Crossed which I have but never seem get a chance.

2. Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent – I have only read the first 2 books in this series and really enjoyed them and have since received the 6th book so I MUST order 3-5 soon.

3. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White – The same reason as #1

4. The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater – I struggled with Shiver so couldn’t continue with this series.  

5. Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R Ward – I read the first book in this series, Dark Lover and didn’t enjoy it as much as a lot of other people did so this is another series I don’t think I’ll be continuing.  

6. Hourglass by Myra McEntire – I enjoyed the first book, Hourglass and received Timepiece as an ARC but I couldn’t really get into it when I started so I might try again at a later date.

7. Night Huntress by Jeaniene Frost – I’m a big Cat & Bones fan but have only read up to book 4 in this series so I have a bit of catching up to do.

8. Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers – I wasn’t a huge fan of the first book in this series but I may try book two which I hear is a lot better.

9. The Doorknob Society – I really enjoyed the first book in this series and have book two just waiting to be read, hopefully I’ll get to this one soon.

10. Chicagoland Vampires – This is one of my favorite series, I have read the first 4 books but was left too shocked to pick up book 5; this is another one I MUST pick up again soon.


12 comments:

  1. I'm really surprised to see Wolves of Mercy Falls! That's one of my favourite! I still haven't started Paranormalcy and I have no idea should I read it or not!

    This is My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason you give for Matched I have with a lot of series! I liked the first book(s), but never got around to reading the sequence. There all on my TBR! I always feel like I have to finish a series after starting it, but I stopped doing that. Sometimes it just doesn't work.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last book in The Wolves of Calla series wasn't one of my favorites, and I still have to read Paranormalcy too.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiersten Whites Paranormalcy series is lovely. I still have to read the last one. Matched, Soul screamers and Hourglass are high on my TBR list. Great picks!

    My top 10 Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed cause a few of these series are on my wishlist to start reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so hard when you want to continue a series but you just don't have the chance. I loved Matched but didn't like Crossed as much. I am really hoping the last book makes up for it. Great list!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I haven't finished Paranormalcy, either; I just read the first one, and I didn't love it. I love the Wolves of Mercy Falls because of Sam and Grace's romance, but the books have some problems. I need to read a lot of the other series you have on here. Thanks for sharing!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. You need to catch up with Soul Screamers, it's sooo good! The last book is going to be out in the next little while too.
    I need to read the last book of the Paranormalcy, the second one was good :) I wasn't fond of Crossed and don't think I'll finish that series, but I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! The Night Huntress series is so great. I hope you're able to finish these sooner rather than later. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to try out Black Dagger Brotherhood. I have heard so many good things about it and have been wanting to give it a go... of course I have so many other book series to finish! Here is my list: Angela's Anxious Life


    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Timepiece was really different from Hourglass. I loved it a lot, but maybe not QUITE as much as Hourglass. And I've loved what I've read of the BDB series!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here I am stalking your blog again! lol I haven't heard of "Chicagoland Vampires", I need to check that out now. And I haven't read "Personal Demons" yet, but that sounds interesting too.

    Happy reading,
    ~Sherry

    Hey! Check out My Books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by today!

I love to receive your comments, please leave your blog link & I'll be sure to stop by.

I also respond to your comment here on my blog :)